These Terms and Conditions of Use are effective from 23rd May 2018 and govern your use of our website. By using our website, or any part of it, you accept these Terms and Conditions of Use in full. If you disagree with these Terms and Conditions of Use, or with any part of them, you must not use our website.
In these Terms and Conditions of Use, ‘we’ means SLG Press (and ‘us’ and ‘our’ will be construed accordingly); and ‘you’ means the user or potential user of our website (and ‘your’ will be construed accordingly). Further details about us are supplied in Section 19.
(3) Intellectual Property Rights in our website
All intellectual property rights, including copyright ©, in the website and in material on the website are owned or controlled for these purposes by SLG Charitable Trust Limited. Subject to the licence in Section 4, all rights are reserved.
(4) Licence to use our website
- You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages, products in electronic format (e-Books) or other electronic content from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- You must not:
- re-publish material from the website (including re-publication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on the website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from the website (except for content specifically and expressly made available on the website for redistribution, such as Order and Subscription Forms).
without written permission from us.
(5) Acceptable use
- Content submitted via our website must be:
- true and accurate and supplied in good faith;
- submitted to the appropriate part of our website;
- appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the Internet.
- You must not:
- use our website in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website, or any of the areas of, or services on, the website;
- submit content which is offensive, threatening, abusive, obscene, harassing, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory, or likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, or which is untrue, false, inaccurate, deceptive or misleading;
- use our website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity, or in any way which will or may infringe any third party’s legal rights, or which could give rise to legal action, whether against you or us or a third party;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software, or any material which is illegal or unlawful;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including, without limitation, scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- submit spam, or use our website for any purposes related to marketing, advertising, promotion, or the supply and/or sale of goods and/or services, or use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications or to market, distribute or post chain letters, pyramid schemes, hoaxes and similar material.
- The purchase of our products via our website is subject to our current Terms and Conditions of Sale as published on our website. We shall ask you to agree to our Terms and Conditions of Sale each time you purchase a product or products via our website.
- The advertising of products on our website and in our publications list constitutes an ‘invitation to treat’ and your order for products constitutes a contractual offer. No contract will come into force between you and us unless and until we accept your order in accordance with the procedures set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- Our website and our publications list contain a large number of products, and it is always possible that some of the prices quoted could be incorrect. We shall verify prices as part of our sales procedure, so that the correct price of each product will be stated when you pay for that product.
(7) Limitation of warranties
- The information contained in this website is provided by us for general information purposes only. Whilst we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of the information, with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website, for any purpose. Any reliance which you place on the information is entirely at your own risk.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
- We do not commit to ensuring that the website, or any particular content, remains available and up to date.
(8) Limitations and exclusions of liability
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Use shall limit or exclude:
- our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any of our or your liabilities in any way which is not permitted under applicable law;
- any of our or your liabilities which may not be limited or excluded under applicable law. In particular, if you are a consumer, any statutory rights which you have, which cannot be excluded or limited, will not be affected by these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions of Use:
- are subject to paragraph a) of this Section; and
- We shall not be liable to you in respect of any:
- losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control;
- business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- special, indirect or consequential loss or damage;
- action by any third party user of the website, including actions specified in Section 5 b) of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
You hereby indemnify us and undertake to keep us indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, without limitation, legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of our legal advisers) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
(10) Breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use
Without prejudice to our other rights under these Terms and Conditions of Use, if you breach these Terms and Conditions of Use in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these Terms and Conditions of Use in any way, we may send you one or more formal warnings, temporarily suspend your access to the website, permanently prohibit you from accessing the website, block computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contact your internet services provider and request that they block your access to the website, bring court proceedings against you for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or suspend and/or delete your account with us.
- Loss in connection with use
In no event shall we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. We make no warranty that the contents of this website are free from computer viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties, and shall have no liability in respect thereof.
- Unavailablity of the website
We take no responsibility for, and shall not be liable for, the website being unavailable at any time.
- Links to other websites
Notwithstanding the provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use, we do not actively monitor content on this website. If you become aware of any material on the website which contravenes these Terms and Conditions of use, you are requested to contact us using the ‘Contact Us’ page of our website.
We may revise these Terms and Conditions of Use from time to time. Revised terms apply to the use of our website from the date of the publication of the revised Terms and Conditions of Use on our website. You should check these pages regularly to ensure that you are familiar with the current version.
- We may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Use without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
- You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Use.
If a provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
(16) Exclusion of third party rights
These Terms and Conditions of Use are for the benefit of you and us, and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these Terms and Conditions of Use is not subject to the consent of any third party.
(17) Entire agreement
(18) Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions of Use, together with the contents of this website, will be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law, and the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in relation to these Terms and Conditions of Use.
(19) About us
Our full name is SLG Charitable Trust Limited (trading on this website as SLG Press). We are registered in England as a company limited by guarantee, and our company registration number is 990049.
We are also a registered charity, and our charity registration number is 261722.
Our registered office and principal trading address are:
Convent of the Incarnation, Fairacres, Parker Street, Oxford, OX4 1TB
Telephone: 01865 241874 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org